Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Parker Presents: Halloween with Robin Danner


Photo by Teresa Huggins

Happy Halloween! Let me start by saying thank you to Teresa Huggins for the fantastic halloween-themed photo for my blog. I get all kinds of story ideas looking at this picture, don't you?

On to the business of this wicked day. It's time to strap-on those...sexy costumes and over-indulge in all the pleasures this night has to offer. 





And speaking of costumes...Robin Danner is here to talk about the struggles of choosing just the right one! And then check our her latest release, The Princes Bound.

Happy Halloween, my little monkeys. I wish you all things sinfully wicked.

Take it away, Robin!

**************************************

It’s that time again. Ghost, ghouls, and goblins beware! Yes, I’m talking about Halloween, one of my favorite holidays of the year.

Every year I wrestle with my decision of what to dress up as. Last year (don’t laugh) I was a Kardashian. The original plan was for two of my friends to join me and I was going to be Khloe. Those plans fell through, so I ended up being Kim. At least I can say I have enough junk in the trunk, but sadly that’s where the similarity ends.

This year, I decided to be a witch. I said witch. (Some of the ladies at work gave me an odd look when I announced my costume as if to say “aren’t you always”? So I’m just stressing it’s witch, with a W. Not a B.) I bought a cute little hat with an attached veil, mostly an attempt to hide the fact that my pale face should never have black hair. My Kardashian wig (wince…black hair) is getting revamped and now I’m all set!

Costumes sure have changed a lot over the years. Did anyone else out there have the plastic Barbie costume? Yes, it was pretty much a garbage bag with a painted dress and then a plastic mask. Nowadays kids can get complete costumes consisting of a material other than plastic. Makes me a tad jealous.

So I want to know…what is everyone else going to be?



Robin's latest release, The Princes Bound, can be found at www.lsbooks.com.


Murder, abduction, and rebellion threaten the peace of the kingdom, and Nadia is caught in the middle of it all. Can she find a way to stop the events sure to destroy them all by surrendering her heart to a handsome prince, or will fate get in the way?




About Robin:

Robin Danner writes sweet and sexy historicals and lives in Alabama with her husband and three sons. When she is not writing, she enjoys watching reality television and singing karaoke … quite possibly off-key!

She is a graduate of Troy University and published her first novel not long after earning her degree in Biology. She currently works full-time and shuffles her time between writing, work, and her family. 


Find out more about Robin at http://robindanner.webs.com or join her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/robindannerauthor.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Robin & Parker. Yes, Parker, very cool, inspiration provoking pic -- love it. Robin, a couple of years ago, I went to work in my shop as Medusa and scared the bejeezus out of all the little kids. I felt bad. I have long hair, so I put it into about 8 braids and stuck florist wire in the middle of each one so I could make them stand up and go in all different directions. Then I applied a green facial deep cleaning masque and just left it on so when it dried, not only was it green, but it was all cracked. I finished with purple eye shadow applied liberally and blood read lipstick. Startled a few of the adults too. LOL Can't wait for the next book in your The Princes series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I was once Medusa too! I have a hairpiece with plastic snakes coming out of it! But a Kardashian? That is truly inspired. Wishing you well on the new release Robin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I have never been Medusa...or any goddess for that matter! Oh yes, my Kardashian was fantastic. A chunky one! ; )

    Got a perfect idea for next year. I'm going to be part bee (with wings and black and yellow) and then a witches hat. Bewitched! Get it? Bee-witched! Sadly I came up with it yesterday! Too late to put in action!

    Soooo tired of walking in heels all day in my costume at work!

    Thanks for having me, Parker! Sorry I got here so late. Had to take the kidlets trick-o-treating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Robin. Heels, eh? If the goddess is good to me, I will NEVER have to wear heels again, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments ladies! And Robin, it was a pleasure having you! Please come again! :)

    ReplyDelete