Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflections - 2012 Edition

© byheaven - Fotolia.com
Happy New Years Eve! 

Tonight, I am going to drink hot buttered rum and reflect on what an amazing time I had in 2012. 

2012 saw my debut novel, One Night Stand, published...a life long dream realized. Next, I finished my second book, proving to myself I could do it again! I could be pressured to share the blurb. Maybe. :)

What I'm really here to do tonight is give you my top five reads of 2012. Before I get started, let me say I've read some fucktastic books this year. It was extremely difficult to narrow it down to five (to put it in perspective, I read over 100 books this year). In the end, it came down to those stories that stuck with me long after I'd closed the book. These are NOT reviews, so if your curious about one of my choices, click the title for more information about the book. 

Here they are, and since I loved them all, they are in no particular order. 

Dying Wish, Shannon K. Butcher

Book six in the Sentinel Wars series, this story follows Iain, the warrior with a dead soul who isn't looking for salvation. Action packed and steamy romance all rolled into one. I'm a big fan of series, and the complexity of the world presented in the Sentinel Wars is amazing.

Broken, Megan Hart

This book was recommended to me by a dear friend. I have since made it my mission to read all of Megan Hart's books. Broken is sexy, heartbreaking, and unpredictable. I love a story that can surprise me, and this one did at every turn. Loved. It. And no, my love for this story doesn't have anything to do with the fact that hero's name in Broken is Joe. *winks*

Rapture, JR Ward

Book four in the Fallen Angels series, Rapture continues the war between good and evil. The thing I've come to expect about a JR Ward book is that moment when I say to myself "oh, hell no. She isn't going to...SONOFABITCH!" *shakes head* The woman makes me crazy! Bottom line, I'm a fan. If her name is on it, I'm going to read it. 

The Siren, Tiffany Reisz

I've not made it a secret that I love Tiffany Reisz. While erotic fiction is not my usual genre (I love the HEA), I'd occasionally traded tweets with Ms. Reisz and found her to be a genuinely nice (and very smart) woman. So, I picked up The Siren and gave it a shot. This book challenged me to step outside my comfort zone. It made me uncomfortable, horrified me in places and grabbed my heart in others. I couldn't put it down.

Lover Reborn, JR Ward

Told you I was a fan. Like many of you, I'd waited a long time to find out what would happen to Black Dagger Brother, Tohrment. Part of me didn't want to accept he would move on after losing his beloved Wellsie, but Lover Reborn didn't disappoint. It's a beautiful story of healing and forgiveness. Oh, and smokin' hot Black Dagger Brotherhood action too, of course. 

There they are! Feel free to share your favorites with me! 

I'm involved in a New Year's blog hop beginning on January 2, in which I'll be revealing the books I am most looking forward to in 2013 (and maybe the blurb for my new novel if enough people want it), so be sure to look for that one!

Have a safe and happy new year everyone! 

Happy reading,

~Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment